Straw Fest Day
Saturday, August 24, 2019
Part of the U.S. National Straw Sculpting Competition which runs from August 9 thru August 25, Straw Fest Day will be celebrated August 24 featuring the following:
- Food Trucks 11:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Village Antique Mercantile, Noon- 7 p.m. behind the bandshell
- Blacksmith demo, Noon – 4 p.m.
- Wild bulls, mechanical bull riding Noon – 4 p.m.
- Harold Harrison and Lowell Harp on the Straw Jam Stage, 12:30 – 2 p.m.
- Old Sandstone Gallery open 2 – 5 p.m.; “The Airbrush, A Place In History”
- Vehicle Airbrush show, celebrating the airbrush patented by Mt. Morris Liberty Walkup in 1893
- Straw Bale Races 2 p.m. Wesley Ave. (2 person teams)
- Straw Sculpture “People’s Choice” voting ends at 4 p.m.
- Square dance with national caller Bob Asp experienced and inexperienced welcome, 4 – 6 p.m. (Wesley Avenue)
- US National Straw Sculpture Awards 6 p.m. at the bandshell
- Illinois Rail (Bluegrass music) 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at the bandshell
Complete up-to-date information can be found at strawusa.com.